Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Disasters heard around the world.

It's no surprise that when something earth shattering or tragic happens, the whole world hears about it.  When hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, LA you could not go anywhere without hearing about it--which is also another place I love to explore.  Disastrous earthquakes hit Haiti--horrid flooding tore through Queensland, Australia--a revolution began in Cairo, Egypt.  Events we will most likely never forget about.

Adding to the list--we have the horribly tragic earthquakes of New Zealand.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=new-zealand-earthquake-christchurch

The link talks about the level of devistation that has occured.

I always find it heart breaking to hear about anything like this, but especially the Australia and New Zealand area.  I only spent a few hours in New Zealand on a lay over, but I met some very nice New Zealand Natives while on my flight and in the air port.  They remind me a lot of the friendly Australians I encountered.  Australia was such a charming place for me, and I did spend quite some time in Queensland making the flooding issues very personal to me.  Just thinking about another disaster happening in that general area of the Southern Hemisphere makes my heart ache for them.

Keep this place in your thoughts and prayers; there really are amazing things yearning to be discovered there with some friendly, welcoming people.

1 comment:

  1. hey love, i just wanted to let you know i tagged you in my post today, check it out!

    http://lovecommab.blogspot.com/2011/03/cassies-therapy-video.html

    <3b

    ReplyDelete