Monday, February 21, 2011

So what does that mean?

Well if the few of you who may be reading this are a bit curious as to the name behind the blog, let me take a few moments to explain.

When you look up the word, "destination," in a dictionary you will find that it means the end point of a journey, the final stop.  So does that mean I plan to go one place and stop traveling?  No, so maybe I would toy with the idea of the word, "locations," it could be a little less permanent.  Wrong.  Location is more permanent, a place where you want to establish a home or want to stay in one place for a really long time if not forever.  One place?  Oh yeah that's boring.  I was trying to fish around for a word or phrase that could really cover what I wanted this blog to encompass about traveling in general and my love to travel.  I really had no luck.

So an, "infinite destination?"  Well we don't need to be a math genius to understand that infinite and infinity mean continuous, non-stop, no true end in site.  In my mind, I plan to never stop traveling--of course money permitting will cause me to take a few breaks in between each place I travel to.  I feel there is so much to see out there, how could you pick just one destination?  Only one end to a journey, only one final stop.  I want to see so many places, it's ridiculous, of course my destinations will be infinite--a continuous, non-stop journey that hopefully has no end in site (at least not any time soon).

It may seem corny or silly--but that is what I mean by calling my blog, "The Infinite Destination."  There are too many places to see, to experience to say that one place is enough.  And chances are you will find a place you fall in love with and will be dying to go back to, I know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment