Sunday, May 29, 2011

Slang on a Sunday

After realizing how much abuse I have done to my blog, I wanted to write a short, fun post to prove I have not fallen off the face of the earth.  This past week I moved home from college and found a lot of my stuff from Australia, including my journal I kept.  In the back I kept some fun slang terms I learned while abroad.  Here are just a few random ones:

Lift = Elevator
Rubbish = Trash
Cheers = Hello/Goodbye
Dunnie = Outhouse (although we called ever bathroom a dunnie because we thought it was silly)
Chooks = Chickens
Fire Brigade = Firemen
Sun Bake = Tanning

These are the first few slang terms I really encountered, but have more to come in the future that are a lot more fun.  I will close with this insult our professors told to us:

"I hope you chook turns into an emu and kicks down your dunnie!"

Think about that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment