Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Orbitz: Assuring you with a great vacation?

Orbitz has been my go to site for quite a while now, and I have had many good experiences with this site, so I felt this would be the perfect website to discuss first for Website Wednesday.  Orbitz is a large, well known site that offers travel variety.  It is found to be user friendly, easy to navigate, and a great database for booking trips.  A great, new feature are the apps available for smart phones allowing travel planning to happen at the tips of your fingers.

Why I love this site:
  1. If you're looking for a package deal, this is great!  You can look for just a flight or just a hotel or you can look for a flight, rental car, and hotel all in one click.  This is a great option for those of you out there who would rather package every all together or don't have the time to browse everything piece by piece.
  2. Daily deals every day!  There are always new advertisements on the website for new ways to save or special deals on exotic vacations.  I get email alerts sent to me every time there is a new special.
  3. Price Assurance is highly advertised with the company, assuring you that what you see is what you pay.  Another feature I have discovered is the Deal Detector which allows you to set a price you want to pay and Orbitz will find it for you.
  4. The flexible flight option is my personal favorite if you are able to have flexible days or times for a trip.  It will compare the same flight you want for different departure dates combined with the length of your trip.  It will find you the best deals to fly out.
  5. Orbitz also allows you to check out attractions, cruises, and gives you popular searches to help guide you to a perfect trip.
Why this site may not be the best:  Overall I have little to complain about with this site.  Only one time I had to book through a different website because Orbitz was down for website construction for a day or two, but I typically have no problems.  One frustrating item I have stumbled upon has been times when I have searched for flights and I get a response of "no flights found to match you search."  This is a major travel website and they should be able to fulfill every request or at least suggest an alternative method to arrive at a destination. 

Orbitz is a site I encourage a lot of my friends and family to use since it is so easy and upfront.  I have also found it to be very reliable and credible.  As much as I'd love to critique some more, this is a site for you to personally explore.  So click away and check out Orbitz.com today!


website:  www.orbitz.com
twitter:  @orbitz
facebook:  www.facebook.com/Orbitz

No comments:

Post a Comment