Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mortified by Mickey Mouse

What child doesn't dream of going to Disney World or Disneyland?  All the amazing rides, magical destinations, and most importantly the mouse behind it all.  When my family decided we were going to take a trip to Disney World, I was beyond excited.  We were going with my cousins, aunts, and uncles--it was bound to be a blast.  Everything I remember from that trip was absolutely amazing, except for the fact that Mickey Mouse really freaked me out.

After leaving Minnie Mouse's adorable house and acquiring her autograph, I did not want to leave!  Her house was everything a little girl could dream of and adore, and I loved it.  My family told my younger cousin and I that we better hurry over to see Mickey, apparently he's in high demand.  Mickey was tucked away in a large, air conditioned building, with an outrageous winding line.  The family didn't mind the line, as you can imagine, air condition is a nice alternative to that intense Florida humidity.  Us kids were getting anxious, and I couldn't wait, but as soon as I got closer to catch a glimpse of that mouse, I instantly became nervous.  As we got closer, the adults created hype and excitement, trying to settle my nerves.  I remember wanting to run away and just say forget it, but after some coercing, I met that mouse.

The rest is a bit of blur, it happened so fast, but after all that I was perfectly happy and content.  I guess that mouse wasn't so bad, he was happy and welcoming.  He made a child's day brighter and magical, which is what that silly mouse is there for after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment