Friday, April 8, 2011

I'll never say no to a challenge.

One of my friends so kindly posted a link on my wall about this crazy trip that was completed in 1998.  This trip was done by Barry Stiefel, and CEO out in California, who happened to visit all 50 states in one week.  Yes, ONE WEEK.  Crazy?  Most likely, but I was intrigued and began to read all about this insane experience.  Taking one week off from work, he strategically plotted out his journey across the continental United States, as well as flights to Hawaii and to Alaska.  I won't go into detail in my blog, I'll post the link for you to check out, but it is so fascinating.

Now with my crazy brain, I am DYING to say that I have visited all 50 states, preferably at a younger age.  Being realistic, I'll never have enough time or money to spend fabulous vacations in each of the 50 states, and quite frankly there are states that I really just want to pass through and say I've been there.  As my friend posted on my wall, he expressed if I was able to do such a task?  Well this is seen as a challenge to me, especially after reading this website.  After little consideration--I decided I will do this.  Of course I'll have to thoughtfully plan out the trip as well as save up the money to do so, but wouldn't this just be a wild experience? 

This isn't for someone who wants to relax and enjoy luxury spas--no, this is for someone crazy and adventurous like me.  Follow the link below and read all about the planning, motivation, trip log, and summary of this crazy experience.

50 States in One Week

No comments:

Post a Comment